Night in a snow cave
Do you wonder what it’s like to go camping in a snow cave? Now you can book a night in a snow cave at Dagali Fjellpark. Enjoy a beautiful view of the Hallingskarvet mountain. Watch the winter sky by the bonfire and experience a truly arctic way of camping.
The trip starts from Dagali Fjellpark with transportation up to the snow cave's location. There is a wind shielded fireplace outside the cave where you can enjoy the evening before you get in the sleeping bag. Next morning you walk (or snowshoes/skis) down to the Dagali Fjellpark Café where you can enjoy breakfast.
Schedule of the night:
Itinerary can be customized to each individual group.
- 18:30 We meet in the Dagali Fjellpark Café. We go through the plan and provide you with all the necessary information. We check all the equipment and clothing.
- 19:00 Transportation up to the snow cave, using a snowmobile.
- 19:15 Arrival to the snow cave. Our staff will provide you a safety briefing, practical information, setting up the bonfire.
- 19:30 - 8:30 Your time
- 8:30 - 10:30 Breakfast at Dagali Fjellpark Café
Adult: NOK 1150,-
Kid (5-13 years): NOK 750,-
Included in the price:
- Transport with a snowmobile
- Accommodation in the snow cave
- Hot drinks and an evening snacks
- Equipment (warm sleeping bag, liner, mat, and headlight)
- Breakfast in Dagali Fjellpark Café the next morning.
VINTER 2020 - We could not build the ice village this year due to the lack of "arctic" days.
Come and visit our unique ice village with ice toboggan. We have created ice igloos slightly different from the traditional ones. Our igloo creating device, Polar Hen, makes very thick ice shells with a very specific trait of light conductivity. From outside these objects have a very mysterious appearance as if from another world. Thanks to water these objects have a light blue tint.
Visiting the inside space is an original and unexpected experience as one doesn’t imagine the scale inside. You can aslo spend a night in one of the ice caves or have an unforgettable afterski party in the ice bar.